RLS, the abbreviation for Restless legs syndrome, is a neurological disorder that uncontrollably urges you to move your legs. It typically happens in the evening or late at night when you’re relaxing or trying to sleep.
Although RLS doesn’t lead to serious complications, it can interfere with sleep and cause daytime drowsiness and fatigue. In severe cases, it can significantly reduce life quality and even lead to depression.
Statistics show that RLS affects about 10% of the American population, and it’s more common in middle-aged and older adults. If you are suffering from RLS, try some simple self-remedies, and lifestyle changes may also help relieve symptoms.
Symptoms of RLS
Many people may not take the whole RLS health issue seriously. However, it is a signal sent from your body, and please be aware if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms.
- Crawling, pulling, throbbing, or itching sensations in the legs.
- Feeling an urge to move your legs.
- Sensations begin while resting, such as in a car or airplane.
- Relieve with movement, such as stretching, jiggling the legs, pacing, or walking.
- Worse symptoms in the evening.
Causes of RLS
There’s no known cause for RLS. Some of the risk factors include:
- Sometimes RLS runs in families, especially if it starts before 40.
- Pregnancy or hormonal changes may cause or worsen RLS. However, symptoms usually disappear after delivery.
- Other diseases. RLS sometimes comes with other conditions, such as peripheral neuropathy, iron deficiency, kidney failure, spinal cord conditions, or Parkinson’s disease. Treating the underlying medical problem may help relieve symptoms of RLS.
Home remedies to help with RLS
Here are some simple methods that can help relieve the symptoms of RLS:
- Soak in a warm bath before going to bed.
- Massage your legs to relax the muscles.
- Apply warm or cool packs to your legs.
- Practice good sleep habits.
- Get moderate, regular exercise.
- Avoid caffeine-containing products, including chocolate, coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Try PEMF therapy.
PEMF is a new alternative therapy that sends magnetic pulses throughout the body to stimulate natural healing. Studies have shown that PEMF can promote nerve regeneration by improving and increasing oxygen and nutrition to the damaged nerves. Therefore, it is very effective for treating neurological disorders such as RLS.
In addition, PEMF can improve sleep using Brainwave entrainment, delivering better sleep quality to RLS patients.
Help with RLS and sleep better with MiraMate Big Magic
MiraMate Big Magic is a PEMF device designed for households. Not only has it been proven effective by its users worldwide, but also user-friendly. Since its release, Big Magic has benefited its users and, in return, received countless positive feedback.
Big Magic applies the most advanced PEMF theory and helps with RLS by sending gentle frequencies to your body cells. It comes with a comfortable PEMF mat, so you can wrap the mat around your legs before going to bed and enjoy a good night’s sleep.
Click here to learn more about MiraMate Mini Magic.
Click here to join the MiraMate Facebook group.