In September, we worked with two global organizations which focus on children’s welfare and education: Rainbow Volunteer Club and Children International.
What is Rainbow Volunteer Club?
“All children have the right to dignified growth and a healthy environment. “
Rainbow Volunteer Club was registered in 2017 as a non-profit organization (Rainbow Volunteer Club, Kathmandu) in Kathmandu, Nepal. The staff and volunteers strive to improve and develop the quality of education in remote areas, advocate child protection and promote gender equality.
At Rainbow Volunteer Club, they adopt diversified approaches to tackle children’s rights issues and provide them with access to health, food, and education. They also aim to create more opportunities for children and young people to participate in world affairs. Its mission is to ensure that children are treated equally and stay free from violence and discrimination through their actions.
Where does your donation go?
Over the years, Rainbow Volunteer Club has raised money to support its projects including:
1. No Hunger: a project initiated in April 2020 after the COVID epidemic hit the tourism industry in Nepal. By supplying nutritious meals to the children, they help provide children in need with a minimum survival guarantee.
2. Bling Project: a public welfare activity launched in June 2018 dedicated to the growth and companionship of girls in remote areas.
3. Kathmandu Rainbow School Nepal: In 2017, Nepal Rainbow Volunteer Club cooperated with the local government in Kathmandu, Nepal, to build and operate a Rainbow Community School. With the aim of “every child has the opportunity to write their future,” this school provides a safe and inspiring educational space for children from low-income families.
For more information, you may visit their website: http://nepal.rainbowforlove.org/
What is Children International?
“Bring people together to end poverty for good.”
Children International began as a one-room medical clinic in 1936. Today, they are a worldwide child sponsorship organization helping nearly 200,000 kids.
Their programs aim at helping kids graduate healthy, educated, empowered, and employed. Throughout these years, Child International has:
- More than 35 years of child sponsorship programs
- Serving 200,000 children in 10 countries
- 67 community centers across the world
- 9,000 local volunteers help children
The mission of Children International is to connect people worldwide in the fight to end poverty. With the help of everyone, the children can build the healthy environments they need to thrive and empower them to create lasting change in their own lives and communities.
The organization carries out its transformative programs through dedicated centers in the heart of the communities where they work. These safe havens serve younger and older children, who spend time with caring mentors while receiving the support needed to break the cycle of poverty for good.
How to donate?
Currently, Children International offers two types of donations: gifts and sponsorship. Making a one-time gift donation through its programs can help children in poverty in many ways such as giving birthday presents, supporting children who have lost their sponsors, or helping them build new community centers.
Sponsoring a child is more straightforward. A monthly gift of $36 will give the sponsored child access to life-changing benefits, like medical care, educational support, life skills, and job training before graduation. The sponsor will be able to see the impact firsthand through letters and photos from the sponsored child.
For more information, you may visit their website: https://www.children.org/
How HeaWea has helped Rainbow Volunteer Club and Children International?
In September, we made two donations on behalf of the HeaWea community to the two organizations, and the money will be supporting the Student Aid program in Nepal and the construction of a new community center in Guatemala.
And now, we are inviting you to join us in making a difference.