Nowadays, Sleep disorder has become a common condition among the population. According to recent surveys, nearly 30% of adults have sleep disorders, with an average sleep time of fewer than 6 hours per night, and 70% of teenagers have an average sleep time of fewer than 8 hours. In some cases, sleep disorders are severe enough to interfere with normal physical, mental, social, and emotional activities.
Types of sleep disorders
- Dyssomnias(characterized by either Hypersomnia or Insomnia)
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders
- Sleeping sickness
Causes of sleep disorders
- Electromagnetic field: People who are often exposed to electromagnetic field pollution are at a higher risk of having sleep disorders.
- Anxiety: Studies on sleep showed that anxiety and sleep disorders are well connected. Stress leads to an unhealthy production of melatonin hormones, resulting in restless sleep, and sleep problems begin to manifest.
- Circadian rhythm disorders: People generally sleep at night, following the circadian rhythm- an internal “clock” in your body. This clock is a small part of the brain that controls the time you do certain things and how you feel. Abnormalities associated with this clock are called circadian rhythm disorders.
Prescription drugs can relieve sleep disorders, but they can also cause side effects such as addiction and withdrawal symptoms. Therefore, natural health professionals always recommend low-risk methods to help with sleep disorders, and PEMF Therapy is one of the choices.
How does PEMF therapy work on sleep disorders?
Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy improves sleep disorders using the process of brainwave entrainment. When presented with an external resonating stimulus around the brain, resonant molecules or electrical activity start to react to the stimulation frequency by establishing a pattern of mutual resonance. This is called frequency following or entrainment
PEMF therapy can tune the frequency of the brain cells and transform it into a pattern that enhances sleep.
Studies of electrical brainwave activity have identified two different stages of sleep, rapid eye movement (REM) and non-rapid eye movement (NREM). NREM sleep accounts for almost 80% of total sleep time in the adult, and the brainwave patterns during this time are in lower frequencies. PEMF therapy can keep the brain in this optimal state.
The pineal gland releases a large amount of the hormone “melatonin” when you are in a dark environment, and the hormone may enhance your sleep quality. Many human studies showed and proved that with exposure to PEMFs, there would be an increase in melatonin. It also suggests that PEMF therapy indeed works to improve and induce sleep quality.
You can also use PEMF therapy to calm the brain and regulate circadian rhythms. When your circadian rhythms are healthy, you may better control and keep good sleep patterns and cycles.
What makes Big Magic special for improving sleep disorders?
MiraMate Big Magic is an absolutely safe PEMF device with a special PEMF mat to apply natural healing magnetic pulses. It can stimulate healthy brain activity and synchronize the brainwaves within the required range for deep, sound sleep.
In addition, the PEMF mat of Big Magic is designed to match your requirement of overnight treatment perfectly. It is flexible and practical. You can put it under your pillow to do an overnight treatment for sleep disorders.
One of our Big Magic users said: “Big Magic by MiraMate has already proved magical for me! I relaxed as soon as I lay on it, fell asleep almost immediately, had a great night’s sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling incredibly energized.”
Click here to learn more about MiraMate Big Magic.
Click here to join the MiraMate Facebook group.